So here are my sewing resolutions for 2012.
1. Make my mum`s birthday quilt for her birthday in July ( um, 2011) using these Kaffe Fasset fabrics.
I need to commit to a pattern and get cutting, and not be afraid that she won`t like it, which takes me on to Resolution No.2
2. Be more confident of my own ability!
3. Conquer my FOMO (fear of missing out) and not join in every swap or QAL going. I love swaps and QALs but they do demand time not only on the sewing machine but away from it on flikr and blogs and that`s time away from the little guy.
4. Master the quarter inch seam! Today I made this Starflower block for the do. Good Stitches Charity Bee. It`s come up about a quarter inch too small and so I`ll have to do another and this one will join the growing mound of orphan blocks who are a little bit too small or a little bit too big, before being sashed and joined together (somehow).
5. Make a quilt using the orphan blocks.
6. Try something new, perhaps an art mini quilt or some applique.
7. Join in the humungous Swoon-along (almost 500 members!) hosted by Katy. I bought the pattern a couple of months ago but haven`t used it yet. What fabric to use? I would like to use my Lark, but will have to do a test block to see how the large designs work.
8. Go on a fabric diet and use the stash as much as possible. It`s not a huge stash by any means but there`s enough to be used. Only stash builders will be allowed.
9. Make a zippered pouch well - I have to master this as I`m in Mouthy Stitches and I`m guessing my partner will demand nothing less!
10. Ignore Resolution No.3 and join in the beautiful Made in Cherry QAL.
11. Save me from myself!