Wednesday 30 May 2012

So Much to Do, So Little Time...

In a week when I should be getting to know everyone attending the FQ Retreat and visiting my bloggy friends who aren`t, I`m feeling completely out of touch.

I have hardly visited anyone in the past week.  I`ve been battling a really bad chesty cough, spending time with my mum and Zaki, (who has become very clingy which makes me nervous for goodbyes on Friday), and trying to get everything done before I leave.


I have however used my time away from the computer constructively.

I have finished the pink and orange Siblings Together quilt and will share photos tomorrow as it is still a bit damp.

I also made my items for the FQ Sampler Swap - I have been having sleepless nights about these as I really had no idea what I was going to make.  Clearly inspired by the Zakka pencil cases I had seen in blogland, I made some sunglass cases using linen and Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabric.


I basically winged it but they weren`t difficult and with a layer of batting they cushion the glasses nicely. All we need now is the sun back!

The name tag I made for my partner has been received by her.  I received special dispensation from trash to post from the UK, knowing how unpredictable the mail in Morocco is. I can now reveal that my partner was the only and only Katy of I`m a Ginger Monkey!  When I heard from trash that Katy was my partner, I gulped and replied, `no pressure then!`.

Uncharacteristically, I posted Katy`s name tag without taking a photo of it so I shall try and snap Katy wearing it at the weekend.

It was no problem coming up with ideas for Katy and in the end I embroidered one of her tatoos on the front next to her name.  It took some slightly scary stalking of her flickr photos to achieve this!

Many thanks to Hadley who sent me a lanyard fitting to attach to Katy`s name tag...only it never arrived.  So sorry Hadley but I really appreciate you doing that.

So tomorrow I have a few last minute things to buy and a name tag to make for a lovely person who didn`t enter the swap and doesn`t want to remain nameless! Fortunately, she has a short name. Wish me luck!

21 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you cough clears up for the weekend!! I will happily take one of those cases of your hands ;-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Thieving bloody postmen! And there was a badge for Zaki - grrrr!

Can't wait to see what you came up with though.

Great cases - see you soon xxx

Catherine said...

Love your sunglass cases. Hope you are all better in time for lots of fun.

Canadian Abroad said...

Getting Katy must have been nerve wrecking indeed, but can't wait to see the name tag you made. But more importantly see you!

Cindy said...

You are the cutest ever making one last name tag. Take good care of that cold - we want you well and healthy!

Sarah said...

Oooh, I would've been crappin it to get Katy... lol Cant wait to see what you did :-)
See you soon!!

Leanne said...

I need a case for my sunglasses, I am hoping to be in your group!

Cherie said...

Have you taken some Covonia? It works really well for coughs and comes in both medicine and lozenges.

Loving the pouches =D

Trudi said...

Lovely lovely makes! Never mind visiting, see you Friday! Can't wait!

Susan said...

More lost mail! Grrr, indeed!!The sunglass cases look great! They will be well received!

Dolores said...

Hey A - the cases look great, sorry you're feeling poorly, what bad timing! I love Katy's name tag, had a look over on Twitter. I think I would've died if I pulled Katy's name for a swap but you came up with a genius idea.

dxx

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

You must feel better, you must feel better, you must feel better...I saw Katy's name tag and didn't know you made it. It is superb! I'm sure your mum will properly spoil Zaki for you and he'll be fine without you. I am sending a big hug and lots of good wishes to all.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

forgot to say the sunglass cases are perfect...especially since everyone talks about the sun or lack of it in London. If the sun is not out they will be used a lot, right?

Kris said...

Yep, I've seen the name tag too. (I stalk Katy on twitter!) It is gorgeous! Well done you. Hope you feel better soon!

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

See you soonest!

elsy said...

have a wonderful time...and tell all when you return...wish you better

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love the sunglasses cases and can't wait to see the name tag you made for Katy!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

P.S. Forgot to say...have a wonderful time!

Jenelle said...

I love the sunglass cases. :) Have a wonderful time!

Isisjem said...

Love the sunglasses cases. They're fab. Hope you have a wonderful time and are fully fit and well. Sorry I'm not going as it would have been lovely to meet you. x

Katy Cameron said...

Oh man, boo to being sick! Hope you're feeling much better by tomorrow (and Zaki too!)