This quilt definitely has a split personality. Looks like this baby will be getting a little bit of her mad English aunt (the one with threads permanently hanging off her clothes) in the quilt after all.
After Frankenstitching some Quilters Dream cotton batting (thanks Hadley and Trudi for introducing me to this concept of joining leftover batting together with a wide zigzag stitch), I started quilting. I followed the diagonal lines first, crisscrossing the quilt an inch either side of the seams. Then I did the same thing either side of the horizontal and vertical seams.
I love the pattern it creates when the lines meet.
When it came to the binding, I encountered a few problems finding a fabric that worked on the front and the back and that I had enough of. In the end I went with this Riley Blake fabric and I'm super pleased with it.
So it all turned out fine in the end. This quilt was made without buying anything new for it. It measures 40" x 44". Perfect for some kicking...
So that's it. All we need now is a baby to lie in the centre and look cute. For now, you'll just have to make do with this oversized cutie who is still thankfully a baby at heart.