1. Scrappy X Block for Celine, 2. Joining Up the Hexy Flowers, 3. Field Study Triangle Quilt Top, 4. Liberty Tana Lawn Brick Cushion, 5. Aurifil Block for April, 6. A Chicopee Churn Dash for Emily, 7. Scrappy Trip Around the World Blocks 1 - 16, 8. Chicopee & Low Volume Cushion, 9. Scrappy X Block for Celine, 10. Field Study Triangle Quilt Top, 11. My Stitch Tease Quilt Top, 12. Mama Said Sew Quilt Top
April may be my favourite month of makes ever!
- I finally sliced and diced my 24 FQs of Field Study and made a triangle quilt. I.LOVE.IT Batting and binding are on their way from England and the voile backing from the States. Let's hope there is a happy reunion here in N.Africa soon!
- I've started joining up the aqua, orange and grey hexy flowers and I am loving both the process and how they look. This is going to be a gorgeous quilt.
- Jumping on the bandwagon is something I usually do as the bandwagon is careering round the corner and the trip around the world blocks proved too hard to resist. I have made 16 blocks so far and I love them!
- Stitch Tease quilt tops arrived around the globe and mine was an eclectic mix of bright curvy blocks - I love it! Now just to work out how to quilt it...
- My Chicopee Blockade cushion was featured in Issue 13 of Fat Quarterly - and this was a really exciting highlight for me!
- April saw my 6th quilt finish with me completing a baby quilt for Cindy so that she can use it as a sample for charm packs at a quilt fair in Galway (how fun does that sound?) in June. I finished it a few days ago and shall show you tomorrow!
- I took part in Le Challenge after making a Liberty tana lawn brick cushion. It wasn't love at first sight but it makes me happy when I see it. It's a keeper!
- Despite this being a bee lite month, I was lastminute.com with Celine's bee blocks in the Sew-Euro-Bee-An bee. Celine asked for lovely X blocks (tutorial here) in bright scrappy novelty and text prints. I put them off as I didn't have a lot of either but charm swap squares together with my own stash and scraps came to the rescue and all was well.
- There's nothing better than helping someone out and I made a Churn Dash block for Emily after she posted about having been let down 6 times over in a bee.
So that's April over. This month looks as busy as ever and Zaki turns 5 in a week so some celebrating too!
Linking up with Lynne here.