Wednesday 5 August 2015

A Handpieced Mini Quilt






Three months ago I signed up for Jo's #handpiecedminiswap on Instagram. I thought it might rejig my mojo. My partner, Fiona said she liked 1930s style fabrics in traditional designs. I EPP'd the central panel using 1 1/2" diamonds and Fresh Air by American Jane - using these fabrics took me well out of my comfort zone and I struggled at first to put them together. But in the end, I think I just succeeded.

Mini Quilt Stats
Central Panel: Fresh Air by American Jane
Background Fabric - pale yellow dot 
Binding: Fresh Air
Size: 25" x 25"

12 comments:

Susan said...

This is far better than 'just' succeeding Annabella! It's gorgeous! I would LOVE to have this on my wall! I hope your partner appreciates its prettiness and the efforts you made to get out of your comfort zone! Beautiful!!!!

susan718 said...

it's beautiful! She'll love it. I know I do.

leanne can blog said...

I think you did an awesome job!

Sheila said...

Its beautiful Annabella, and your lovely photos show it off perfectly.

Sheila said...

Its beautiful Annabella, and your lovely photos show it off perfectly.

Sheila said...

Its beautiful Annabella, and your lovely photos show it off perfectly.

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

Your partner absolutely loves it Annabella!!! :) it was my favourite of the whole group while you were working on it, and I'm delighted you were making it for me! Thankyou again xxxxx

Nat at Made in Home said...

beautiful! Well done Annabella!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's stunning!

Tamie said...

I think you did a great job. It is so, so hard to make something out of fabrics that are way outside your comfort zone.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Who is this woman who blogs? It's a beautiful mini Annabella

Catherine said...

It is really lovely - well done for making an 'Annabella' quilt with fabrics you wouldn't usually use!