Monday 9 February 2015

Time Flies...

Just over 3 years ago, I tried my hand for the first time at curved piecing and made a Drunkards Path panel using a charm pack of Kate Spain's Central Park. It was a success but it was small.

Over the years....don't ask me when....I added some white sashing and a scrappy border of some of my favourite fabrics.





Back in to the WiP wilderness it went before I rescued it and added some more sashing and a last scrappy border of Central Park and some of Anna Maria Horner's True Colors.


I did a pieced back using some Amy Butler and Anna Maria Horner fabrics which I picked up at bargain prices over the holidays....


....quilted it with some organic straight lines about 1" apart and bound it with some more True Colors.


Et voila! A baby/girl quilt for this little sweetie - my niece, Amina. She is my youngest sister-in-law's baby who I first met when she was just nine year's old and here she is all grown up 16 years later with her own baby.


I hope she'll enjoy kicking her legs while lying in the centre and later sitting and playing with her toys on it. I hope she'll drag it around and it will be a quilt she can grow in to. For me, well it's a first finish in a long time and a first finish for 2015.


29 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

Two beauties!
Esther

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Adorable new addition to the family! I love the borders you added and the dp blocks are gorgeous, beautiful quilt!

Catherine said...

So nice to see this pop up in my reader. Recognisably an Annabella quilt and another beauty.

Kate said...

A beautiful quilt for beautiful Amina!

Charlotte said...

what a cutie! (and the baby)

dutchcomfort said...

A beautiful qullt and baby!!

DeborahGun said...

Beautiful all around. Central Park still is one of my favourite fabric lines ever!

pennydog said...

The quilt had a longer gestation period than the baby :D It's lovely though, lucky Amina.

Sarah said...

hahaha love kerrys comment! bubs is a wee cutie, and her quilt is lovely.

Carla said...

Curves are still on my list to try. Good for you! It's beautiful.
Kate Spain is always a favourite

Jenelle said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish! I'm sure your niece will love having such a fun, cheerful quilt to grow-up with. I'm mesmerized by the drunkards path design with the lush prints, so I can imagine Amina will also find it endlessly fun to explore and look at. :)

QuiltCandy said...

Oh my goodness this quilt is just so gorgeous! I love everything about it. The colours, the design, the quilting. She is one lucky little girl x

Tamie said...

A beautiful quilt and beautiful baby. That is my sister in law's middle name. I've never heard anyone else that had it.

Susan said...

I love the wide white border! It is the perfect balance to the beautiful AMH centre!

Camilla said...

What a lovely quilt in your usual fresh and colourful style. So good to see your post pop up in my reader. Happy 2015!

CJ said...

How lovely to see a post from you, and with such a beautiful quilt. And what a gorgeous baby. CJ xx

Katy Cameron said...

Glad it finally got its day in the sun, and hope the new recipient has a ball with it

Judith, Belfast said...

Oh what a cutie she is!! And a gorgeous wee quilt to go with her too! jxo

Fran said...

What a beautiful quilt, the fabrics and the design are gorgeous!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

I love this! It is so pretty, and what a great finish from something you had put away unfinished.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your niece is adorable and your quilt is stunning - I love the combination of fabrics and you've put them all together beautifully :)

maria said...

I love the colours, the white background sets them off so well. The baby is a real cutie

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

In this case baby trumps quilt. What a gorgeous infant. So sweet and perfect. Ps. The quilt is lovely too. ❤️

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's beautiful!

Leanne said...

A beautiful quilt for the cutest baby!

Sarah said...

Great quilt! I still haven't tackled curved blocks after thirteen years of quilting. I know how hopeless I am at keeping an even seam allowance as I go around curves! Cute baby niece too. I hope you get to see her often and have lots of cuddles.

liniecat said...

What a little treasure and the quilts really pretty too!
I really like the mixed patterns in your drunkards path, its much more interesting that way.
Such a lovely name too - Amina, as pretty as she is : )

Laura said...

Oh it's lovely. but I do love Kate Spain! :)

QuiltCandy said...

Oh this quilt is just stunning! What a fantastic job you've done, I'm sure it will be loved and appreciated for many years to come.