Wednesday 9 February 2011

Beauty

I mentioned in my last post that my friend Deborah had visited me here in Marrakech.  Well one day, Deborah, her girlfriends, my son and I headed for the mountains - the Atlas mountains to be exact, and they looked just like this.

The snow-capped Mount Toubkal
This photo was taken from The Kasbah Toubkal in Imlil - possibly one of the most beautiful places on earth.  To access the kasbah, you have to walk up a fairly steep and rough path or if you're feeling less energetic, you can catch a ride on a donkey.

While the views are stunning, life isn't always easy for the people who live here.....


Sometimes, you just have to take a rest....and catch up on the local news.


It really is the most beautiful place, but if I lived at the top house, the hike up there may get me down...


Even in the High Atlas Mountains in Morocco, inspiration for quilting can be found.  These tiles at the kasbah remind me of the 3D quilts you see...


I found these beautiful tiles at Kasbah Tamadot, Richard Branson's swanky retreat in Asni - where we stopped, shopped and enjoyed a pot of tea in front of a roaring open fire in the library.


It really is a gorgeous spot where rose petals are scattered on courtyard pools...


and indulge a mother with this last photo...


My beautiful boy caught in the sunlight.  What beauty we saw that day.

1 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Sooo much inspiration for quilts... LOL! Thanks for sharing the pictures!