Tuesday 8 February 2011

Grrrrr

For the past week, my very old (we've known each other a long time) and dear friend Deborah has been here in Marrakech and it's been bliss! We have had such an amazing time - chatting, reminiscing about our days at law college together, laughing and plenty of crying (from laughing so much) - that I had no time to blog.  It was only yesterday that I was able to re-focus and sit down to do some patchwork.  I planned to make this from the amazing Anna Maria Horner with this lovely fabric from Amy Butler but my printer had other ideas and would only print out half a page of templates. Grrrr.


So instead, with the sun pouring in the window.....


I decided to get the graph paper out and plan out a Union flag cushion cover.

It was harder than I thought but I got there in the end. This morning, I went to the gym and on my return planned to cut out my fabrics and assemble said cushion cover.  Grrrr again.  I'd made the newbie's mistake of not pre-washing my fabric and so now I've washed it and it's drying in the sunlight.  One of the advantages of living in Marrakech is that things dry very quickly.  Perhaps I'll get it cut out this afternoon.  May be....

By the way, Deborah left me with quite a bit to think about but that's for a later post....may be...

0 comments: