Sunday 20 February 2011

Disappearing Nine Patch

So over the last couple of days I`ve continued to play with the pink and green fabrics with which I made the Union flag cushion cover top  and after watching a funny (but informative) video on Youtube, I made a Disappearing Nine Patch sampler.  Since watching this, I have found a helpful tutorial at the very talented Cluck Cluck Sew`s blog, which you can see here.

Disappearing Nine Patch

A disappearing nine patch is where you piece together nine patches of equal sized fabric and then cut the block into quarters before rearranging them so that there are no matching seams... et voila! It`s cheating really as it makes it look like you`ve done a lot more work than you really have.

 Union flag Nine Patch and cushion cover tops

  It is a warm and sunny Sunday here in Marrakech...


...and so I`m going to sit and do some quilting on the balcony today.  As you can see from the toy cars, my son will play too.





Excited to be thinking about what I will do with the fabrics, which are winging their way from the States...





0 comments: