Tuesday 23 August 2011

Warding Away Evil Spirits in Parisville

So we arrived back home yesterday after our lovely week away...and I was reunited with my fabric choices for the Across the Sea QAL.  Time to make some inroads into my `ambitious` To Do List. It is ambitious but I`m seeing it as more a list of future projects, which will probably take several months to complete.

I had intended to use this pretty fabric for the QAL - Kumari Garden.  It`s bright and fresh and its Indian design and colours would fit in well here in Morocco. However, from across the other side of the room where my humble fabric stash resides, my Parisville FQ bundle was winking at me.  So I walked over and took a closer look. Parisville is warm and has autumnal reds and golds as well as greens and purples and blues and perhaps it was hearing about the changing seasons or I was flattered by the wink but they were appealing to me...and Parisville it is.
Parisville by Tula Pink
The eye design in several pieces of the fabric and at the bottom right reminds me, when turned round, of the eye you see here in Morocco believed by some to ward away evil spirits. The eye is usually contained with a hand with the fingers pointing downward. I hope I don't have anything to worry about on that score!  So now to get cutting...

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday.

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Those fabrics are just gorgeous.. way to have your list and to not pressure yourself to zip on through it! Go Annabella!

Canadian Abroad said...

Good choice. I love the palette and it is quite unique, I think.

Catherine said...

saw these over on flickr, I think they are a great choice. The cutting didnt take too long either

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I cut mine yesterday and made several errors. Going too fast I cut 2 1/2" instead of 2 3/4", so now I know how I am bringing in the solid jewel tones, as replacement for some of the bad cuts!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful fabrics, will have to check out this QAL!

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Those are going to be beautiful. So glad you are joining our QAL!

erleichda said...

lovely colors and patterns! by the way the evil eye is also a greek believe... but you don`t get it if you don`t believe in it ; )

K said...

Annabella I know I'm really bad at thinking of insightful comments, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoy and look forward to your posts xx

Ellie said...

Your fabrics all look lovely. I would love to tackle a quilt maybe one day I will. Have fun with yours.

Amanda said...

Oh, I really, really like these fabrics!! The colors are gorgeous!

Love the new photo for the header, too!

leanne can blog said...

These fabrics are beautiful- your quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

I'm participating in the QAL, too. LOVE these fabrics!