Monday 23 May 2011

A Storm at Sea

While I have a few things to complete, I`ve been thinking about my next project. I head back to Marrakech in a week or so and as it`s difficult to find quilting fabrics, threads, needles (you get the drift) there, I have to think ahead. This is a little challenging for me.  I`m not known for my decision making abilities.
Storm at Sea design from The Practical Encyclopedia of Needlecraft Skills and Techniques by Lucinda Ganderton
Perhaps it`s the cooler temperatures here, the different light or being near to the sea but I`ve been drawn to the Storm at Sea design.  Perhaps it`s the fact that the optical illusion caused by the positioning of the blocks makes you see rolling waves reminiscent of the eastern seaboard of the United States (where this deign originated), which I`ve always wanted to visit.  Whatever the reason and with this pattern in mind I have purchased these fabrics and will pick up some Kona white before I leave.
Today, I have to prewash my batting and the silk for Deborah`s quilt here.  So there is not much more I can do other than start knitting my slouchy hat.  Yes yes, I know it`s May...

4 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful pattern and the fabrics are devine! I hope you manage to think ahead. I come to realise that I’m lucky to only need a 10 minute drive to my local quilt shop!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

this will be so pretty. You are correct, we do have a lot of the same tastes in fabric and quilt patterns!

Catherine said...

I love the pattern for the quilt and the materials you have got are gorgeous: the quilt will look amazing

Lis Harwood said...

Love Storm at Sea and those fabrics will be lovely. I complain that we have few quilt shops around (compared with US or NZ) but to have none, nada, zilch, that's a nightmare. I always try to buy some fabric when I holiday and drew a blank in Marrakech (and also in Malta where thay have a tradition of lace making but not quilting). I'm sure you use the internet for supplies but it's not the same as stroking the fabric irl is it?