Saturday 30 July 2011


Perhaps it was the heat or a rush of  blood to the head but yesterday I was over at uber-talented Nicolette`s blog, Dutch Comfort and read this post about the Camelot quilt by Trish Harper. I thought it was absolutely gorgeous although anything Nicolette does is amazing (check out her lollipop trees, tile quilts, Dear Baby Jane and farmer`s wife blocks on her flikr page).  Anyway, I digress. I thought the design was beautiful and to cut a short story even shorter, I ordered it.  Far too ambitious of course.  I have a couple of pressing things to finish but hey, it`s something to do in the winter months.  When it`s cooler. When Zaki is at pre-school.  Yes, something to aspire to.

Available for purchase here.  

I have just realized that I purchased the pattern from Lizzie Broderie whose candied hexagons quilt was the inspiration behind Lynne`s HAL.  Now there`s synchronicity.

3 comments:

Prof. S (the enchanted bobbin) said...

Oh my goodness, we are *obviously* following the same paths through the web -- because I was a bit Camelot obsessed last week. But somehow I couldn't figure out where to get the pattern, so thanks for including the link....Hmmm....I may need to do this one too :)

I also want to thank you for the sweet comment on my guest post on Lily's Quilts. I really, truly appreciate your kind words :)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Now I really feel small in the quilting world. This is yet another quilter's work to inspire me. Thanks for sharing.
XOXO

Canadian Abroad said...

You are brave. Braver than me!