Tuesday 7 February 2012

Getting My Head Straight

...or should that be wonky?

I have struggled today. I had a newsletter I had to write this morning for an American Women`s Association I`m a member of here and it took forever.  But job done.

I then pieced the blocks for the back of my pouch for the Mouthy Stitches swap.  I`m waiting for my linen to arrive before I can go any further but I`ll be ready to go once it arrives.


My partner`s mosaic showed pouches fairly simple in design.  There will be a star on the front and I`m going to do a little hand-stitching in perle but this is not a complicated design.

So I then moved on to playing with my solids for the For the Love of Solids swap.  My partner, while not chatty, is a serial swapper and loves improv. designs.  My improvisational designs so far? Um. Zilch.  While I`m playing, I`m not getting very happy with anything I`m producing and meanwhile my stack of solids is slowly evaporating and I`m left with this.


So I`m going wonky I think and I know my partner loves wonky log cabins...the wonkier and crazier the better. I`m still finding it hard to let go...

Thank you for all your anniversary wishes...we had a very low key day.  We had lunch a deux a trois at a place a few kilometers outside Marrakech.  The setting was beautiful and it was a great way to celebrate.




...and to cure me of my snow envy, we could eat lunch while gazing at these...




13 comments:

Leanne said...

Good luck with the solids project, I have not yet started mine. And your pouch plan looks lovely, again, time for me to start.

Sarah said...

The work you've done so far on both swaps is great, especially your improv waves!

Marg said...

The pouch blocks look really cute, there are some really pretty pieces in there.
I sympathise with your improv solids swap. I can't do improv but I can do wonky log cabin. I'm sure whatever you decide to do your partner will love it.
Where you had lunch looks awesome, I love the draped curtains and the view is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

the scenery is spectacular. hope all is well annabella. xo

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Yikes, I hope your solids project comes together ok. I haven't even begun.My partner has not commented on the fabrics but I am still using them because they were well received by everyone else.
That restaurant looks beautiful. Mr. R just said, "we need to go there" when I showed him the photo.
Happy Anniversary again, xo

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful place to celebrate, stunning view! best of luck with the solids, one lady brought along an impro solids style quilt (the the modern quilt guild) and she free hand rolled the cutter - saying to cut both pieces of fabric together so seams would be exact. It was amazing, waves and wonky.

dutchcomfort said...

Those fabric squares for the pouch are all adorable!
What a beautiful place to celebrate your anniversary!!

I always find it hard to make something for a swap partner that’s totally out of my comfort zone. It’s important to have fun while working on your part of the deal.

Canadian Abroad said...

You will have the perfect improv piece soon because you are going to have to use all those scraps to make it!! Love your little bit of piecing for the pouch too. Such wonderful little scraps.

Katy Cameron said...

Oh dear, sorry about the evaporating solids, but I like what you've come up with so far, I'm sure they can all be combined :o)

Looks like a lovely place to lunch too...

Isisjem said...

I really wish the only snow I ever had to deal with was in mountains in the distance. I really do not do cold/icy/snowy

I reckon your pouch is going to turn out fab!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love your pouch so far and I think Susan is going to make you use those improv scraps sooner or later ;o)

Catherine said...

wow, what a gorgeous restaurant and fab views. glad you had a great day

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Good luck with the wonk x