Sunday 10 April 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #1 - 5 O`Clock Shadow

This photo really was taken at 5 o`clock today in Essaouira, Morocco.

It`s my first entry for Shadow Shot Sunday, which I first saw last weekend on Diane`s blog Random Thoughts  - Do or `Di`.  When I checked out the blog Hey Harriet, which conceived of the idea for readers to each Sunday post a photo showing shadow, I was excited to read that it was inspired by the light and shade photos on blog The House in Marrakesh, which is written by my lovely real life friend (yes I do have them) Elizabeth Wix!  What a small world we live in.  I know Elizabeth from when she lived with her artist husband Robert in the medina (the old town) of Marrakech until she left to live in New York  in 2008.  We belonged to the same book club. She is a writer, an artist, a photographer and generally multi-talented.  Check out her other blogs, here (photographic essays of Elizabeth`s observations of life in Manhatten) and here ( Buster, her dog`s blog). Also don`t forget to check out the great photos on Hey Harriet and perhaps get your camera out and post your own entry!

4 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

What a lovely photo, a great post and what a small world it is indeed! I'm glad I could inspire you to post to this. I love your photos. Maybe some day you and I will even meet in person. I have met so many people through the internet and then met them in person through sites like
http://www.hospitalityclub.org/ and
http://www.couchsurfing.org/

colleen said...

My first shadow shot too. This is absolutely dancing!

Hey Harriet said...

Beautiful 5 o'clock shadows! How lovely to read that you and Elizabeth are friends! It is a small world indeed! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shadows. On your above post too!