Monday 16 January 2012

Home Sweet Home

Mouthy Stitches Inspiration Mosaic by Life`sRichPattern


Zaki and I are home. We arrived last night.  So sad to say goodbye to my mum but so happy to say hello to the hubster who we haven`t seen for 4 weeks. I think he had missed us. That will be mutual then.


Back to a routine.  Pre-school for Zaki and some sewing for me.  I have been MIA on and off the last few weeks and promise to be a more regular sewist, blogger, follower and commenter now that we`re home.


By the end of last year, I had sworn off swaps. Not because I didn`t enjoy them.  They are hugely fun and I have made great friends through them but anything involving deadlines is difficult with no LQS.  Everything has to be ordered online and that involves time uncertainty and money. It`s not really fair on my partner.


I never did receive my tablerunner in the Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap.  It`s now 2 months since it would have been posted to me and being an optimist I remain hopeful that it will show up.  Perhaps in time for next Christmas!  I feel sorry for my partner as I know what it is like to wait for something you`ve made to arrive - my make and scraps in the Scrappy Swap took 6 weeks to make it to Australia.


So being off swaps, that means I wouldn`t sign up for any more right?  Well I have and the first is the Mouthy Stitches Swap - a pouch and a fat quarter of scraps swap. I don`t have to tell you that Susan, Hadley and Cindy are hosting this as most of you are in the swap.  What made me sign up?  Well I love the swap mamas and it`s already a party over at the flikr group. They want a chatty interactive group and I think they`ve got one.


I also signed up to the For Love of Solids Swap after I saw it on Susan`s blog.  Having seen the amazing makes in Round 1, I headed straight over to the group and saw that there was one spot left.  I wrote the quickest request to join and pressed the post button.  I sneaked in under the wire becoming the 100th member.  You can see my inspiration mosaic here


I have so much to tell you and so much to do but that will have to wait for another day. I left my camera`s memory card in England so I`ll have to get a new one before I can post any pictures!

12 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Glad to have you home, even though you are now further away again!!

Fingers crossed for the runner - Maybe it got put on a boat by mistake - or maybe it will end up back at Mrs Sender, I've had stuff to NZ make a round trip!!

Soooo happy to have you swapping xxx

Sheila said...

Glad you have joined MS - great mosaic, I think we have some of the same choices.

Toni said...

Glad you gave in and joined the swaps! Can't wait to get started. Your mosaic is beautiful and might as well be mine, too. I love them all. So glad to hear you arrived home safely, too!

Cindy said...

Yippee! Glad to have you back onto swaps again! Didn't take you long :) We are just thrilled to have you joining in - esp with a beautiful mosaic like that! Pretty pretty!

Isisjem said...

Welcome back! Glad you've signed up for a spot of mouthy stitching! Must be a bummer not to get an item in a swap. That happened in a give away I won just before Christmas - still waiting and it was only coming from South England!

Jenelle said...

I'm glad you had a good trip and a safe return! Beautiful mosaic too. :) The linen is gorgeous with all of those pops of color.

blandina said...

A lovely mosaic and nice to see you back.
I wonder what you will be up to this year?

Katy Cameron said...

Great inspiration here! Glad you've leapt back in to a few things though. Fancy leaving your memory card behind, nutter ;o)

Leanne said...

You and I, amoung the last or the last to receive in swaps, hopefully the runner arrives eventually. I am glad you have joined as I am doing both of those too.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Welcome home! Have fun in the swaps! (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your runner turns up sometime in the next few months!)

Sarah said...

Welcome home! Sucks that your runners done a runner... hope it show up soon somewhere! See you in both swaps :-)

Anonymous said...

Love your mosaic! I have only ever taken part in 2 swaps, they were great fun. Will have to hop over.