Tuesday 20 September 2011

An Elf Hat

It`s not every day you get an elf hat in the post but yesterday Zaki received one from my real life friend Elizabeth...inspiration behind Tracy`s Shadow Shot Sunday. I know Elizabeth from when she used to live here in Marrakech but now she lives in New York with her successful artist husband. Elizabeth is a prolific blogger, artist and photographer and combines both beautifully in her 3 (yes 3) blogs.  If you love dogs, check out Buster`s blog and if you love New York (who doesn`t?), check out here and here.

Ever since Zaki discovered Ben & Holly`s Little Kingdom, he has declared himself an elf. It`s a beautifully animated story of elves, fairies and insects for pre-school children (and some adults). Now he has a hat, all he needs is a trumpet.  Because that`s what elves play.  Thank you Elizabeth - Zaki loves his hat and I may just have to ask you to make me one...the colours are just perfect!

14 comments:

Toni said...

Awesome hat!Those are great colors, and such a cute model! That has to be the very best kind of mail to receive!

Amanda said...

How sweet of your friend! Zaki makes the perfect elf. :)

Will definitely check out her blogs.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Does it get cold enough to wear that hat there? It sure is cute and Zaki looks so happy wearing it.
And look at you with 96 followers. When we first met we were in the teens (of followers, not age group).

Ellie said...

He certainly looks like he love his hat and he fair suits it. How nice of your friend to do that for him. Will you show us a picture of yours if you get one?

Canadian Abroad said...

Ooo, the hat is lovely and Zaki looks sooooo pleased. What a thoughtful gift!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Gorgeous boy!
Oh, you do not need a trumpet, believe me!

Nancy said...

Adorable hat and elf! What a giving friend. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Annabella

that is the cutest hat on the cutest little boy!

I think he needs that trumpet and a flute too mumma - you just get the earplugs when you buy it.

I hope you get your sewing machine soon - I hate the waiting for parcels - I have been waiting for a parcel to come from Korea for 3 weeks - it is the last time I purchase off this seller on etsy - their shipping it so slow.

take care Miss A and thank you always for dropping by my posts and commenting - It never goes unnoticed with me x

x
Loulou

Ms. Becky said...

that's a really cool hat. you must be filled with so much love when you look at this guy. happy day to you Annabella.

Heidi said...

Cuteness! I am loving that hat too... and your photo of it all too. Happy day to you Annabella!

blandina said...

Zaki looks like a cheecky sweet boy in this hat, a true elf!

Elizabeth said...

What a cool picture of Zaki the elf!
How did I manage to miss this photo until just this minute!?
I hope it is big enough?
Yes, I can certainly make you one if you let me know what colors you like. Currently knitting Claudia a long scarf and , gosh, it is dull going since it goes on for ever --a hat only takes about 2 hours of TV semi-watching.
Much love

Paula said...

What a gorgeous elf - just perfect for the kingdom. Huge Ben and Holly fans here too :)

hello. said...

what a sweet elf hat {+ a sweet elf!}. i love handmade hats!