Sunday 25 September 2011

Something for a Sweet Tooth

I`m off out to a friend`s house for a cup of tea and I`m taking some of this.


What it lacks in looks, it makes up for in easiness and rapidity to prepare.

The easiest and quickest biscuit cake slice thing. And very yummy.

I got the recipe from here. It`s possible to make this slice (takes 5 to prepare), cook it (Gas Mark 3 for 15- 20 mins) and have a piece half an hour later.

The original recipe is a little sweet for my liking so I reduced the sugar to half a cup and could reduce it to perhaps a third.  Do that and leave the honey in.
 

Here are the last of the blocks promised to others.  For this month at least.


Judith asked for wonky stars.  My first attempt.  Can you tell?

Hoping the Queen of Wonky Stars approves.

They will be sent to Northern Island where Judith and other lovely ladies will make them into quilts for families in need in Belfast.

I`m LOVING my new sewing machine. It purrs rather than clangs. I`m very happy.

Off for tea now.  Hope you are having a lovely Sunday wherever you are.


17 comments:

blandina said...

I love everything in this post: the cake and the wonky stars.
The cake will soon be in the oven, and I think that the wonky stars look very attractive, maybe more interesting than 'straight' ones.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

the sweet looks yummy. ANd those wonky stars, love them. I have a bee next month where she wants wonky stars too. It will be my first try at making them.

Ellie said...

How did you know I had a sweet tooth?
Looks really tasty I'm just going to look for the recipe.
Those wonky stars look great. Enjoy your visit and tea. ))

Katy Cameron said...

The slice looks yummy, wonder how it would work with apricots...

Wonky stars are fab, and glad you like your new machine. I'm getting new one this week, I can't wait, just like a kid at Christmas lol I'm just hoping little Brother doesn't decide to sulk in the meantime, I have things to do...

Cindy said...

Your stars are beautiful! My blocks for Judith were my first try too! It's nice to branch out a bit.
Now, where can I get a slice of that tastiness? I mean hand delivered, not the recipe....

Little Island Quilting said...

What sewing machine did you buy?

Sheila said...

I did my first wonky stars this week too, very quick aren't they.

Sarah said...

Blocks are lovely, I'm sure queenie will approve, and Judith will love them too :-)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh looks lovely!
Glad you have the new machine purring already x

Little Dotty Bird said...

That cake pic looks so yum, i can't eat cake at the mo, but I still like to look! The wonky star look fab too and it must be really good to know they will end up with someone who needs warmth and love x

leanne can blog said...

CAke looks great & I love the wonky stars!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blocks!!

Lynn said...

Your wonky stars are wonderful. I never would have guessed these are your first!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

These are GREAT wonky stars. You can't tell these are your first ones!

Anonymous said...

oh my stars, thanks so much for stopping by! all your crafts are great! I have very much wanted to foray into the world of quilting but that would require a sewing machine and I have no room in my tine apartment.. plus the hubby says I have to many hobbies as it is! oh well, one day! but in the mean time I will live vicariously through all of your stitches!

Canadian Abroad said...

Slice looks seriously yum! Your blocks do not look like a first time try - silly! And I am so happy you are enjoying the new machine. Who knows what you will be producing next!

Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed with your quilting --
a skill I lack entirely
love to all.