Wednesday 11 April 2012

Third Time Lucky

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee blocks for Hive 4
With the little person on his school hols, there hasn`t been much sewing time. I have however squeezed under the wire with my 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee blocks for the 1st quarter - the Four Acres block from Modern Blocks. These are my last blocks for this bee for the time being.  I haven`t signed up for the 2nd quarter as I have enough going on but who knows, it may be something I shall go back to later in the year.

The postman made a welcome return after a week or so`s absence.  I seem to be waiting on lots of stuff at the moment, and when I returned from lunch out with hubby and said little person there were a couple of packages waiting.
Quick Curve Ruler
 Jenny`s curved ruler showed up.  The third to be exact. You may recall the first arrived cracked.  When I told Jenny, she immediately emailed back saying she had already posted another. Well the second arrived - cracked in exactly the same place.  When I told Jenny about the second one, she immediately responded saying she had sent another and would keep sending them until one arrived in the perfect condition it was sent. Well butter fingers in the mail room must have been on his hols and nothing to do with Jen`s harder to get into than Fort Knox packaging but the third has arrived in pristine condition. Her rulers are beautifully packaged and are marked `Fragile` more than once.

As I opened my ruler today, I thought to myself, if this baby is broken I`ll just tell Jenny it`s okay.  Phew.  I was saved from having to fib.  This is beyond amazing customer service from Jenny.   Thank you so much! She even snuck in her Urban Birthday pattern.  Thank you!  I can`t wait to make something using the ruler.  There are some great designs coming out of the Designer Challenge on the Fat Quarterly blog here using Jenny`s rulers.

We Bee Modern Too Lemons & Limes block for Caroline
Here`s April`s block in the We Bee Modern Too bee - the Lemons and Limes block for Caroline. That pink stripey fabric is so pretty.

I also received this book in the post today, which I ordered after seeing it on Katy`s blog. I`m hoping it`s going to teach me some embroidery stitches for my partner`s name tag in the FQ Retreat Name Tag Swap.  I have known about my partner for a few weeks now but have been like a rabbit in headlights.  Let`s just say she is funny, uber talented and very generous.  I know - it seems like that description could just about be anyone right?

On the subject of the FQ Retreat, which is now only a few weeks away, I`m hoping to book my flight tonight and then it really will seem like I`m going!

19 comments:

Leanne said...

I love your blocks and it is wonderful that the mail had finally worked. I have to get out that ruler and make something, it is calling me.

Canadian Abroad said...

Love that four acres block. Very effective. And the other blocks too for that matter. Yay to finally getting the ruler delivered undamaged. Can't wait to see what you start making with it. And your name tag. So much going on.

Jenny said...

Okay...now I know your telling the truth! Big smile on my face right now and your just too kind with your compliments! Thanks so much ;o) Your blocks are really fun...love your fabric choices!

Toni said...

Great bee blocks! And glad to hear the ruler arrived safely this time. Have fun booking your flights!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I just ordered that ruler. I hope mine arrives without a crack. That is great customer service she gave you.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I'm so glad the ruler finally arrived intact!! I love all the blocks in this post!! Have fun with the name tag, I can't wait to find out who it's for!

Kelly said...

Love those blocks, they look so striking! I got my ruler this week, so have been keeping my eye on the FQ blog.

Anonymous said...

What amazing customer services, I love the curves. The doodles look like great fun, I cheated and made my sewing machine embroider my partners name!

Sarah said...

Loving your curves :-) Really want a fancy ass ruler now...

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

What!!! You haven't booked flights yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellie said...

So glad you finally got your ruler delivered intact. What wonderful customer service you got from Jenny.
Your new book is looking very interesting too. Hope you have fun with it :))

Amorette said...

all the blocks are beautiful- i love those pink stripes too. they would make a great binding.

Susan said...

Do you have a plan for the curved ruler? It looks like an interesting concept! Curved piecing always gives me nightmares! Love the bee blocks!

Unknown said...

Love the 4x5 blocks! And gosh, isn't it soon?! I'm so excited!

Cherie said...

Wow what was going on in the mail room. You should have gone down there and roughed someone up!!
Love the block! =D

Judith, Belfast said...

I've been so tempted to get one of those rulers A! Let me know how you get on with it. Love those modern blocks - amazing how changing the fabrics totally changes the look of the design. Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for the blocks, but I mean really, fancy the schools giving the kids time off, don't they know you have things to do? ;o)

Enjoy your (now whole) ruler, and new reading material!

Jenelle said...

I'm glad the ruler finally arrived intact! If it were my maillady delivering it, there wouldn't be a chance it would arrive whole. lol! Your Modern Bee blocks are beautiful. There are a lot of gorgeous prints paired together here making each one so unique, like little individual gemstones. :)

dutchcomfort said...

Love your bee blocks. I’m curious to know if you love to use the curved ruler! And that’s some awesome customer service that Jenny provided!