Saturday 7 April 2012

Saturday MashUp

Zaki broke up from school yesterday for a 2 week holiday.  The children were asked to wear fancy dress.  There was only one solution.

Dinosaur fancy dress
For those of you who read this blog regularly, you may remember the saga of the dinosaur costume, which we bought for mildly dinosaur obsessed Zaki as a Christmas present.  The sales assistant at the dinosaur shop in the Natural History Museum left the security tags on. After contemplating buying tag removers from ebay or smashing the no doubt permanent ink filled tags,sanity prevailed and The Natural History Museum in London were super helpful and removed the tags and reimbursed the postage. Best friend Louie came as a pirate, Mia as a bee and Yacout was a cat.

It`s not a holiday here but it felt a little like one.  Perhaps it was because of some gentle sewing while watching High Society on Channel 5.


While I appreciate Parisville is so last year or even the year before, I feel about Tula Pink`s Parisville like many people feel about Denise Schmidt`s Flea Market Fancy.  My scraps are diminishing and a pouch is a way of having your own portable collection of personal eye candy so yesterday, I made a little pouch. It was the first time I used interfacing as opposed to batting, and I really like the more streamlined finish it gives,

Parisville scrappy pouch
When your children are young, you witness development on an almost daily basis...yesterday I came downstairs from making lunch to find that scribbles had turned into drawings.  I had become Mummy Potato Head. "Look mummy, you have your arms above your head!"  I love being Mummy Potato Head.

Zaki`s drawing

30 comments:

Susan said...

Love the Parisville pouch! I personally don't care how old the fabric range is, if it was beautiful then it will always be beautiful! And your pouch is beautiful! Zaki looks cute in his dinosaur costume too!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Easter!
You look so very lovely in your portrait!

ox

Jan (The Aunt) said...

Well, he's the cuddliest dinosaur I've ever seen. GUB says he's seen you looking better! Love the pouch, you clever thing. xx

Sarah said...

Dino costume is awesome!! Have a lovely easter mrs tattie heid :-)(high society is one of my faves)

Dianne Neale said...

Love the dinosaur costume. Happy Easter Mamma Potato head!

Katy Cameron said...

Oh dear, hope you weren't throwing your arms up in fear of the scary dinosaur ;o)

Loving the pouch :o)

Isisjem said...

What a fabulous costume! I didn't know such things existed. I love the pouch too. Parisville was one of those lines I meant to buy and never got around to it so completely missed out!

Anonymous said...

How adorable is he in that costume? ;-)

I hope you're enjoying a wonderful Easter weekend and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today.

Cindy Sharp said...

Sounds like a lovely day.

Leanne said...

I love Parisville and have a bunch I have yet to use. One day for sure. Your pouch is lovely and the dino costume is perfect!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Sweet post, lovely pouch, and ever handsome Zaki, er, I mean DinoZaki

Ansell said...

I love the photo, especially 'the pose'. Mummy Potatohead is really excellent! Well done Zaki for making Mummy look so glam!
Love Mxxx

Sheila said...

Wonderful costume.
Save your portrait, it'll keep you smiling for years.

Kelly said...

You have a very gorgeous dinsosaur there! Love the drawing and the pouch.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Zaki cute as ever - and love love love the purse! x

Strawberry Patch said...

Dino boy is very cool, the pouch is very pretty and the drawing fab and my wonderful fuglies arrived today. I impressed my friends, they thought I was so cool to be getting post from Morocco! Thank you so much again xxx

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Oh, I watched a bit of High Society yesterday but then I had to go out...wish I'd recorded it! Zaki is so cute in his costume!

Anonymous said...

He looks adorable as a tiny dino! Happy Easter and enjoy the school holidays. x

Catherine said...

Ah yes, I remember the dinosaur saga! Zaki looks great it the costume and I love the drawing he has done of you!

Judith, Belfast said...

Great pouch A! Isn't it great when they scribble on paper and not the walls!!! Have a great break (if you get one?). Jxo

Cherie said...

What a great costume!!
Love that pouch...you know where to send the next one =D

leanne can blog said...

dinosaur costume is gorgeous!

Jenelle said...

Zaki looks adorable as always (and just a touch ferocious)! ;) I love Tula Pink too and I am slowly using up my Prince Charming stash, making sure to keep every scrap. I loved the High Society clip too and I am hopping over to netflix now to track it down.

Danny Heyen said...

Zaki totally rocks that costume! Little boys are too much fun!

Canadian Abroad said...

You must have the most photogenic boy in the world! Love him in costume and out. And that drawing - priceless how he overlapped onto another sheet of paper to fit your arms in.

Ellie said...

Ah Zak it so cute in his costume and his drawing of you is wonderful. You know you will probably keep that wee drawing for years and years lol.

dutchcomfort said...

That’s one cute dinosaur! Love your pouch. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

Keep those drawings!!
You never know they might be worth a fortune some day :)

Very Berry Handmade said...

Oh, doesn't he look fabulous! And love that little pouch - I really hate it when you start to get to the end of some fabric and you know there isn't going to be any more..
(Love High Society! I remember watching it with my mum on the day of the royal wedding in 1981!! Much better than the wedding..).

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Oh, that's a totally gorgeous pouch, with perfect ends, of course. Your talent is surpassed though, by Mrs Potato head! x