Tuesday 1 November 2011

Fresh Sewing Day


Like September, much of October was spent sewing although looking at this mosaic I don`t feel like I accomplished as much as I wanted but isn`t that always the case?

Last month, I was pleased to get shot of a couple of UFOs in the shape of the Union Jack cushion, which I started back in February (I think) and absolutely love.  I also finished the Marrakech Rose quilt.

Other highlights included being busy with the Scrappy Swap 2011 organized by Kat and which is now winding up.  After the pink puffy pouch was rejected (by me for quality standardss - not my lovely partner who said she loved it), I sent her the Terrain fabric basket, some scraps and a couple of local items.  They have a long way to travel and haven`t arrived yet.  I hope she likes them.

I was also working on the fabulously fun Modern Tablerunner Swap being organized by Susan.  Design done.  Fabrics chosen.  Just waiting on additional fabric ordered online for backing and binding.  I`m lagging behind on this one but it will get done.  Never fear.

I made a quilt top from Moroccan Mirage for the Duo QAL and it is basted and ready for quilting!  On time on this one (after a massive catch up!)

What else?  A fall tote bag made from fabric and pattern brought over by my lovely mum during her recent lurgy ridden visit, my second block and a remake of the first block for the Bloggers` BOM and now I have work to do for the 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee.  There`s my colour inspiration mosaic bottom left.  My colours are purple (think deep amethyst and plum), orange and grey.  No pink. When I saw the talent in this bee, there was an audible gulp.  Have I got myself in too deep this time?

Linking up with Lynne over at Lily`s Quilts.  Thanks as ever to Lynne for hosting this linky party.  Hop over there and see the amazing talent out there.  Lynne also hosts a Small Blog Meet Up every first day of the month so go and show your support to the smaller blogs and get following a few.

17 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Don’t we all always think we can achieve more in a month? Love your mosaic, great projects!

Anonymous said...

your worried you didn't do enough last month? I feel like a sloth compaired to you, lots of ideas but sadly lacking the get up and go.

Anonymous said...

to me it looks like you achieved a lot! I love your quilting work!!!! stunning!!

Toni said...

Looks like you had quit the productive month! Your bee mosaic is my current favorite color scheme as well! Everything looks great!

Pat Merkle said...

Any month you finish a quilt is a great month! Love your mosaic of projects.

Leanne said...

It is all beautiful and looks so nice in the mosaic! Don't fret about the bee, you will have fun and of course, you will fit right in.

pasqueflower said...

You accomplished a lot!

Sheila said...

That is a beautiful selection Annabella.

Catherine said...

look how busy you have been! And a finish on my most 'favouritist' quilt. and I don't think you are lagging behind on the MCTR swap

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

A fabulous and beautiful month x

Karen said...

Hi Annabella What a lovely mosaic... you've been so busy!

Katy Cameron said...

Love all your finishes for the month, although the Marakech Rose may be my favourite - see, now you're dragging me into the pink loving thing!

Outside inspiration said...

I think your work is lovely!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

you had some beautiful finishes for October.

Debbie said...

wow - looks like you were pretty productive to me!! Beautiful blocks, & I'm eager to see you table runner as you sew it up. AND LOVE your 4x5 mosaic! So glad I get to sew you a block in those beautiful colors!

Kirsten said...

Great mosaic Annabella - love your projects!!

Canadian Abroad said...

What a fabulous month, Annabella! I didn't do a mosaic because (a) I was in a bad mood as you know, and (b) I couldn't think what to put in it. Love what you have accomplished.